DEVOTION ~ONLY ONE GOSPEL

Theme: Only One Gospel
Text: Galatians 1:3-10

Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. 6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.


The Gospel is the Good News of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. His death on the cross brought redemption to us who believe in Him. Our reconciliation with the Father is made perfect through the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ. There's no other way to the Father except through Jesus (John 14:6). So if we want to carry the Gospel to others, it must not be of yourself or others but solely Jesus Christ. 

Unfortunately, most people are being swayed from the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to other teachings. Because the hearts of many has grown cold and their ears itchy for prosperity messages, this has flooded many services, crusades and shamefully itenaries for revivals and fasting even entails this message. Some also center the message on a figurehead and all preaching and teaching during service is directed to the figurehead. As the Apostle Paul admonished in verses eight to ten, we need to reject any gospel other than the Good News. 

If you're a church leader, pastor, evangelist, apostle, prophet or a messenger of God, do well to preach and teach Christ to your congregants. Your calling is not by men but by the divine grace of God so do all things to His glory. Don't be persuaded by men to divert your calling into their passions for you won't account to them but to God. You're a bondservant of Christ so preach only His Gospel. There's but only one Gospel and that's what we've been called to preach. 


Prayer: Saviour of the world, I'm grateful for coming to redeem us. I pray the strength to preach You solely and reject other teachings not of You. I surrender to You to use me the way You so desired, this I ask in Your Holy name. AMEN! 

Comments

  1. HELP me oh Lord God to Do your Will n Fulfill them through JESUS CHRIST I ask n pray . Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. #But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COMMAND YOUR WEEK

THE ESSENCE OF WISDOM

DEVOTION ~ THE FATE OF THE JUST & UNJUST